Great Wolf Lodge South Florida breaks ground in Naples near Paradise Sports Complex
Great Wolf Lodge South Florida breaks ground on its resort in Naples, Thursday, July 14, 2022, adjacent to Paradise Sports Complex.
Landon Bost, Naples Daily News
Another day, another noteworthy “best places to: list that our beloved Naples has landed out.
Absolutely not! The latest recognition, coming from the experts at Travel + Leisure magazine is a reason to celebrate and something to be proud about — yes, even brag about.
In its August issues and under the headline of “Trip Ideas”, Travel + Leisure states “This Florida Coastal City is one of the best places to move in the U.S.”
Glorious food: Naples restaurants: Just the 20 best dishes we’ve eaten (so far) in 2022
More: Inside the penthouse at Naples’ most luxurious high-rise
Here are five of the reasons why according to the magazine:
- THE PANDEMIC: With more people working remotely than ever, Naples has quickly become the primary home of many urbanites relocating from cities such as Chicago and New York City. In fact, it now holds the title of the safest place to live, according to a recent U.S. News survey, and is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country, attracting not just retirees but also younger couples.
- LOW DENSITY: Compared to other Florida cities like West Palm Beach on the other side of the state, Naples is easier to get around.
- AIRPORT ACCESS: Naples Municipal Airport is only 10 minutes from downtown by car and also is also known for embracing private jets and charter flights.
- SHOPPING AND DINING: Naples has some of the best restaurants not just in the country but in the world. And Fifth Ave. South and Waterside Shops are home to some of the best designer shopping,
- HOT REAL ESTATE MARKET: According to Travel + Leisure, in 2021, Naples had the most home sales per capita of all mid-size markets in the U.S., and the average home price jumped a whopping $200,000 year-over-year (more than 30%). In June 2022, the median home price in the city was $739,000.
READ: The full story by Travel + Leisure about Naples
Visiting Florida? Five things to do in the Sunshine State
With so much to do in the Sunshine State, we picked our favorites to add to your bucket list.
Oscar Santiago Torres, Florida Today
More Naples, Florida praise
Here are some recent articles about why Naples is such a great place to visit or to live: