BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — WKU Soccer will play its final preseason tuneup on Sunday afternoon at Austin Peay. The exhibition match is set for a 2 p.m. start.
WKU (0-0-0) at Austin Peay (0-0-0)
Sunday, Aug. 14 | 2 p.m.
Morgan Brothers Soccer Field | Free admission
- WKU and Murray State tied 0-0 in the Lady Toppers’ unofficial debut on Wednesday. The two teams agreed to take the match to penalty kicks to decide a winner and WKU came out on top, 4-2.
- The Lady Toppers return all but three starters from the 2021 season, including United Soccer Coaches All-Region Third Team members Lyric Schmidt and Katie Erwin. WKU also returns 2020 Conference USA Player and Midfielder of the Year Amber Barnett from injury.
- The Lady Toppers finished last season 10-5-1 overall and 5-2-1 in league play, good for a second-place finish in the East division.
- The 2022 slate includes 18 regular season matches, two exhibitions, 10 conference games and nine home matches.
- Erwin was tied as WKU’s leading goal scorer in 2021 with four goals on the season and led the team in points with four assists.
- The Lady Toppers officially open the season on the road against Xavier on Aug. 18. First touch is set for 5 p.m. (CT).
- WKU’s regular season home opener will be Aug. 20 against Union (Tenn.) at 7 p.m.
How to follow the Lady Toppers: For complete information on WKU Lady Topper Soccer, visit WKUSports.com or follow the program via social media @WKU_Soccer on Twitter and Instagram.