Australia has become a popular destination for immigrants. Australian permanent residency (PR)
How Long Is Australian PR Valid For?
Australian permanent residency (PR) allows you to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis. You will need to meet certain requirements and undergo a medical examination before you can be granted PR.
Once you have been granted PR, it is valid for an indefinite period. However, you will need to maintain your residence in Australia and meet certain other conditions in order to keep your PR status. If you do not meet these requirements, your PR may be canceled.
What Are The Minimum Requirements For Australian PR?
The minimum requirements for Australian PR are that you must be aged 18 or over, have a valid passport, and meet the health and character requirements. You must also have been granted a permanent visa. If you meet these requirements, your PR will be valid for five years.
The minimum requirements for maintaining your PR status are:
- You must live in Australia for at least two years out of every five years. This does not have to be continuous residence – you can leave Australia for short periods of time (for holidays, business trips, etc.) as long as the overall period of time spent outside Australia does not exceed three years.
- You must not have been absent from Australia for more than 12 months in total during the two-year period immediately before applying to renew your PR. This includes absences for any reason (holidays, business trips, etc.).
- You must not have been convicted of a serious criminal offense while you have had PR status. A serious criminal offense is one that carries a prison sentence of 12 months or more.
If you meet all of these requirements, your Australian PR status will remain valid indefinitely. However, if you do not meet these requirements, your PR may be canceled and you may be required to leave Australia.
What Is The Process To Obtain Australian PR?
Australian PR is valid for an initial period of five years. After this, you must demonstrate that you have maintained your ties to Australia in order to renew your PR status. The process to obtain Australian PR is as follows:
- First, you must meet the basic eligibility requirements. These include being at least 18 years old and having a good character. You must also have a valid passport and be able to speak English proficiently.
- Next, you need to submit an expression of interest (EOI) through Australia’s SkillSelect system. In your EOI, you will need to provide information about your skills and work experience.Check your free Australia pr points with our calculator.
- Once your EOI has been submitted, you will be invited to apply for a skilled visa if your application is successful. There are various visas available, so it is important to select the one that best suits your needs and situation.
- Once you have been granted a visa, you can then apply for Australian PR. The application process involves completing paperwork and providing supporting documentation, such as evidence of your English proficiency and employment history.
- If your application is successful, you will be granted Australian PR status for an initial period of five years. After this, you will need to renew your PR status by demonstrating that you have maintained ties to Australia, such as through employment or family relationships.
Australia PR visa
Australian PR is a great way to live and work in the country permanently. However, it’s important to remember that your PR status is not permanent and you will need to meet certain requirements in order to keep it. Make sure you are aware of the minimum requirements for Australian PR so that you can maintain your status and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
Greentree immigration Hyderabad
Greentree is the best immigration consultant in Hyderabad provides all the required services and successful visa applications. Check your eligibility criteria with green tree experts