CUET-UG 2022: NTA initiates action against exam centers for non-compliance of protocols | India News


NEW DELHI: After Common University Entrance Test-Undergraduate (CUET-UG) exams were cancelled at over 50 centres on Friday due to technical glitches, the National Testing Agency (NTA) on Saturday said action will be taken against centres for “non-compliance of protocols”.
On Friday, the agency had cancelled exams at 53 centres, the majority being in Delhi.
According to NTA sources, most of the centres where the exams had been cancelled since the start of the CUET-UG 2022 from July 15 are likely to be delisted.
Fortunately for students, Saturday was a glitch-free day after the rooting-out exercise of centres where the exams had to be cancelled multiple times in both the phases of the undergraduate admission test.
“Taking cognisance of the inconvenience faced by the students in some of the centres of CUETNTA reviewed the entire situation yesterday (Friday). It was found that some of the centres failed to comply with laid down protocols. Any incidence of non-compliance/ sabotage/ ignorance will be viewed very seriously and strict action will be taken against those centres to ensure smooth conduct of examinations in future,” said NTA in a statement.
The agency is also going to extend the test beyond the deadline, most likely till August 23, to accommodate the candidates whose exams were cancelled.
Moreover, candidates who are facing a clash in their examination dates due to the change in CUET schedule are being asked to email the admit cards of CUET and the exam which is falling on the same date so that a new date can be allotted.
“NTA is trying to accommodate the majority of the candidates in their first choice city and some may have to be allotted to their second choice. However, in case of any clash of exams, candidates should write to attaching both the admit cards for a change in date,” said an NTA official.
The NTA have informed all the candidates whose August 6 exams were cancelled via SMS and email on Friday. However, some candidates who missed the communication from NTA turned up for the exam on Saturday and found out through the cancellation notice that was put up at the centres.
Of the 53 centres where exams were cancelled, 32 are in Delhi. Four centres are from Jharkhand and three from Uttar Pradesh. The candidates who were scheduled to take their tests are now going to be accommodated between August 12 and 14.
Another issue that emerged is that some candidates’ admit cards are showing their new exam dates beyond the official last date of August 20. There is no mention of centres as well. There are others whose exams are scheduled for August 7, 8 and 10 but have not received admit cards yet.
The official said: “For those candidates whose exams were cancelled and will be slotted from August 12, NTA will issue a detailed notification with dates. Those candidates who have tests in the next three dates but have not received admit cards means they will be allotted a different date as they could not be accommodated in their first choice city. And NTA is going to extend the dates to accommodate all the candidates without further inconvenience.”





Source link

Related posts

Leave a Comment

three × 5 =