PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Brown men’s soccer team will travel to St. Francis Brooklyn this Sunday, Sept. 18 for a 1 p.m. matchup.
The Bears will be looking to win their third straight after taking down Providence and UMass Lowell in their previous two games.
The contest will be streamed live on NEC Front Row.
Scouting the Bears (2-1-0)
- Brown’s five-goal outburst against UMass Lowell was the first time the Bears had scored five in a game since Sept. 11 of last season when they hung five on Niagara.
- Jamin Gogo Peters scored twice against the River Hawks and assists on another. His five points now lead the team.
- Henrik Weiper got his first collegiate start in goal against Lowell. He made four saves in the 5-2 victory.
Scouting the Terriers (2-3-1)
- In their last game out, the Terriers defeated Lafayette 2-1 thanks to an 87th minute goal by Abdella Khaled.
- On the season, Khaled is tied for the team lead of five points with Caleb Danquah and Martin Palinic. All three players have scored twice and assisted once.
- The Terrier offense is averaging 1.33 goals per game, while the defense is giving up 1.67.
BROWN UNIVERSITY SPORTS FOUNDATION
The Brown University Sports Foundation (BUSF) is the lifeblood of the athletics program, and exists to enhance the student-athlete experience through philanthropic support from alumni, parents, fans and friends. A gift through the Sports Foundation makes an immediate impact on today’s Brown Bears and helps them to be their best in the classroom, in competition and most importantly in the community. To learn more about supporting the Bears, please click here.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
For the latest on Brown Athletics, please follow
@BrownU_Bears on Twitter, @BrownU_Bears on Instagram, like BrownUBears on Facebook and subscribe to the BrownAthletics YouTube channel.